Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ember Wednesday: A day of Fasting and Meditation

Propers from the Sixteenth Sunday After Pentacost for Meditation this week.

Introit: Ps. 85. 3,5
Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I have cried to Thee all the day; for Thou, O Lord, art sweet and mild and plenteous in mercy to all that call upon Thee. Ps. Bow down Thy ear to me, O Lord, and hear me; for I am needy and poor. V: Glory be to the Father.

Collect
O Lord, we pray Thee that Thy grace may always precede and follow us, and make us continually intent upon all good works. Through our Lord.

Epistle: Ephesians 3. 13-21

Gradual: Ps. 101. 16-17
The Gentiles shall fear Thy name, O Lord, and all the kings of the earth Thy glory. V. For the Lord hath built up Sion, and He shall be seen in His majesty.

Alleluia: Ps. 97.1
Alleluia, alleluia. V. Sing ye to the Lord a new canticle, because the Lord hath done wonderful things. Alleluia.

Gospel: Luke 14. 1-11

Offertory: Ps. 39. 14, 15
Look down, O Lord, to help me; let them be confounded and ashamed that seek after my soul to take it away; look down, O Lord, to help me.

Secret
Cleanse our hearts, we beseech Thee, O Lord, through the effects of this sacrifice: and in Thy mercy make us worthy to partake thereof. Through our Lord.

Communion: Ps. 70. 16-17, 18
O Lord, I will be mindful of Thy justice alone: Thou hast taught me, O God, from my youth, and unto old age and grey hairs, O God, forsake me not.

Postcommunion
In Thy loving kindness, O Lord, purify our souls, we beseech Thee, and renew them by this heavenly sacrament, that in both the present and future, even our bodies therein may find relief. Through our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment