Monday, September 10, 2012

ART: Week One, Year One Schola Rosa

This week in art students created their own mini-cave painting. The idea was taken from Education.com. For details about the artistic principles and skills to reinforce at home this week, please see your student's binder. The handout can be seen here: ART 1 HANDOUT. All images for handouts are in the Public Domain and free for use as of 2012.

Students were instructed to rip the edges of their paper after the paintings dried. For those of you who opted to leave the artwork till next week, all pictures are safely stored away in the Schola Rosa Cabinets until next week.

Here are some pictures of their work!





2 comments:

  1. My daughter was very proud of her work. Both of my kids really enjoyed the charcoal. I forgot to get my sons, though! Thanks for all your hard work, Alecia. It really was a great first day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tracked down my son's project; I am wondering if another boy of the same name may have ended up with it? :) That is okay, we will figure it out next week. My daughter was so proud of hers we had to rip the edges enough to fit it into her binder. It has been taken in and out of the binder several times since then because she likes looking at it and talking about it so much. What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete