Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Religion- Week 2

This week at co-op, we were blessed to have an actual priest come and show us his vestments! Father Beres, from St. John the Baptist, met us at co-op and gave a wonderful presentation on what a priest wears for Mass, and the Latin prayers that are said for each piece.

 The Amice
"Place, O Lord, the helmet of salvation on my head to resist the attacks of the devil."

 The Alb
"Make me white, O Lord, and purify my heart, so that being made white in the blood of the lamb, I may deserve an eternal reward."

 The Cincture
"Gird me, O Lord, with the cincture of purity and extinguish in my heart the fire of concupisence so that, the virtue of continence and chastity always remaining in my heart, I may serve you better."

-
 The Maniple
May I deserve, O Lord, to carry this maniple of sorrow and penance so that I may one day enjoy the rewards of my labors."

 The Stole
"Restore unto me, O Lord, the stole of immortality which I lost through the sin of my first parents and, although unworthy to approach thy Sacred Mystery, may I nevertheless obtain eternal joy."

 The Chasuble
"O Lord, who hast said, 'My yoke is sweet and my burden light,' grant that I may so carry it as to merit your grace."

The kids really enjoyed having Fr. Beres at co-op!

No comments:

Post a Comment