Sunday, March 24, 2013

K-1st, Holy Week ideas

Religion -  Here is a craft for Holy Thursday, taken from the Catholic Icing blog, that I had planned to do with the class at co-op. In addition to the craft itself, there is a more formal art lesson involving DaVinci's Last Supper included as well, for older children maybe.

http://catholicicing.com/holy-thursday-last-supper-craft/


Another idea I plan to do with my own kids this week is simply to print the Stations of the Cross coloring pages from the St. John's website for them to work on during the week as we learn about each Station, and then create a booklet they can use to follow along with the Stations on Good Friday (or any Friday in Lent).

http://www.sjtb.org/releducolor.html#misc

History - This week, my Kindergartner and first grader will finish reading about Alexander the Great and begin reading about the founding of Rome.  If I'm organized enough, I'd like my older two (9 and 11 yrs. old) to do the History lapbook posted on the on line suite (Week 21) in order to wrap up their study of Ancient Greece. They too will begin reading assignments for Ancient Rome.

Have a Blessed Holy Week,

Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment